DB Vault and EBS 11i

From: Kenneth Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:35:19 -0500

Has anyone implemented Oracle db vault (10gr2) and EBS 11i and can comment or give advice, or point to a link on processes that needed to change and how? I am not an EBS person so forgive me if I misstate something. I have read the technical implementation details which is complex but doable, but I am more concerned about how apps and core dba's go about their day to maintenance activities such as backups, tablespace maintenance, code migrations (creating packages, procedures, functions, and running insert, updates and deletes), user creation, altering of users, grants/revokes, ebs patches etc. Also was a person or a group selected to be the vault owner? Which team/group were they are a part of (dba/apps dba/application team other)? Any other advice/best practices would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Naim