Re: poor clob performance with very high CPU

From: Ricardo Santos <saints.richard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:49:21 +0000

Hi Josh,
my first advice to you is to update your Oracle installation to patchset 3 (10.2.0.4.0) and then check out again the metrics of your process, 10.2.0.1 is the base releease of Oracle 10g R2 and is strongly recommended that you update it to one of the lastest patchset, after a fresh installation.

About the storage clauses on your tablespaces for the CLOBS, since we're talking about large objects wouldn't you consider to have uniform extent sizes of a bigger size ?

Best Regards,
Ricardo Santos.