Re: hide sqlplus pwd

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:49:41 -0700

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko_at_unionbay.com>wrote:

> We’re running Oracle 8,9,10 on Windows. Third party scheduler program
> executes scripts against Oracle as:
>
> sqlplusw.exe user/pwd_at_db _at_c:\jobs\task1.sql
>
> What are the ways of hiding user/pwd from curious eyes?

Some clarification on what you are trying to hide might be useful.

Are you trying to prevent the passwords from appearing in the scheduled scripts?

Or the log files?

Or something else?

As this is windows, it doesn't really have the ps command available to show the password. Even if ps is available, I don't think it shows the password.

IAC, more info is needed.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com