Re: db link

From: Thomas Day <>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:56:31 -0400

I always create my database links using the full TNS definition as Mindaugas Navickas suggested. It makes the link TNSNAMES independent. I don't have to worry about what the tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora on the server has. You can even create them with a failover -

There is an upper limit to how long the description can be so I always remove any white space.