Re: oracle consulting sales calls when you open a support ticket?

From: David Mann <>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:52:59 -0400

I get calls from regular sales droids whenever I hit the downloads section of OTN. I usually get a cryptic phone message a few days after the download which says "David this is xxx from Oracle, I have a question that only _you_ can answer, please call me back at 800...". It sounded like a setup from the start so I never called them back. When the person finally reached me at my desk it was not hard to connect his questions with my recent downloads. I have enough contact with the local Oracle folks, I don't need more people calling and duplicating the effort.

I did get a call from one of the support managers after a particularly scathing review of how a SR was (not) handled. That was pointless too.

Dave Mann - Database Stuff -