Re: Latency Histogram from 10046 trace

From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:18:21 +0900

I don't have a matching example but I would like a pure Oracle-based solution.
  1. Create a directory object on the trace file folder.
  2. Declare a table function which reads the trace file line by line and returns the array of the lines.
  3. Apply regular expressions on the lines returned by 2 and do aggregation.

Some simple examples:

http://dioncho.wordpress.com/page/5/?s=get_trace_file
http://dioncho.wordpress.com/page/2/?s=get_trace_file
http://dioncho.wordpress.com/page/3/?s=get_trace_file
http://sites.google.com/site/ukja/sql-scripts-1/c/get_trace_file

Sorry that it's not a working UNIX shell script. :)

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller
http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://dioncho.blogspot.com (japanese)
http://ask.ex-em.com (q&a)