Re: Question on bigfiles

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:04:59 +0000

Slow response is probably related to the dba_free_space queries that OEM issues (and/or the dba_free space views) rather than the use of bigfiles vs small files - investigate metalink for the notes/bugs. (I'd actually expect but haven't tested) an 80gb tablespace to show up faster in OEM if using bigfiles than if using 20 4g smallfiles.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA