Re: Question on bigfiles

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

You can also use multi-section backups for normal datafiles too.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Other various titles

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com> To: surachart_at_gmail.com
Cc: achoto_at_american.edu; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 9:55:31 AM
Subject: Re: Question on bigfiles

One small caveat. In 11g or greater, RMAN can now use "SECTION"s to backup a BIGFILE tablespace with more than one process.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your