Re: Out of Topic - Facing error during RHEL 4 AS 3 Installation ( Hangs at Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel)

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:18:56 +0800

Have you checked on your BIOS settings --> SATA mode -->

Configure it either

  1. Disabled,
  2. Native,
  3. AHCI
On newer PCs installed with lower versions of Linux either use Disabled or Native..
On newer PCs installed with newer versions of Linux, most likely use AHCI..

Just give every setting a try. We recently bought white boxes (on quad core), and noticed that the installation takes too long to complete, then changing the SATA mode to AHCI made a performance boost.

Well my experience could be different, but you may explore that possibility.