Re: Oracle RAC test lab equipment

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:49:46 +0100

Hi there,

my setup is 1 Core 2 duo 2.4GHz quad core with 8G of memory and 2.5TB of raw disk space (SATAII).

All I use is Oracle VM, my RAC nodes are paravirtualised RHEL 5.4 domUs, and I don't need any iscsi at all for that setup. Check the following metalink note:

Steps to Create Test RAC Setup On Oracle VM Doc ID: 742603.1

Even though the document says it's for 10g to 11.1 you can install RAC 11.2 on it (have it running here).

I presented about that topic at UKOUG RAC SIG some time ago, I can forward you the slides if you need more detail.

Regards,

Martin

--
Martin Bach