RE: Execution plan for queries using minus/union/intersect

From: Kenneth Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:06:32 -0400

For union, there is union all that eliminates the sort but the results will contain duplicates if they are in the data. Oracle in general will not perform a sort if it knows it isn't required as in the case of using a unique index, but if it is using a full scan it is still faster to do the full scan and sort than retrieving all the rows via an index.

Ken