RE: Execution plan for queries using minus/union/intersect

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:59:23 -0700

Not sure if I understand correctly what you're trying to do, but maybe a UNION ALL is what you're looking on the UNION option, but not sure about the MINUS and INTERSECT, however I'd imagine that if there is a unique index on the relevant columns of both tables then Oracle will be smart enough to avoid actually doing any sorting even though it might still show the SORT step in the plan, there wouldn't be any real work behind it. Just guessing here so everyone feel free to jump in and correct me.

Regards,
Brandon