Re: 11g R2 Feedback?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:27:52 +0100

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> my experience with 11g is a mixed bag.
>
> Installed 11.1.0.6 at a customer site as a demo on T1000/Solaris 10 and ran
> into problem when I showed them how to apply a patchset (11.1.0.7): the SE
> installation became EE with all features on. Wonder if the next release then
> phones home?

Oracle has a history of doing that - assuming you are checking via the banner - You also can't do a custom SE install on at least some versions, it then gets reported as EE via v$version. DBA_REGISTRY seems to be reliable though for installed features at least though I'd like it to list features and options (yes I know about v$option) so that people knew what they had installed. Still one windows patch supplied a debug dll for distributed transactions that then stopped TPMs working at all!

> --
> Martin Bach
> OCM 10g
> http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com