RE: 11g R2 Feedback?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:58:28 -0400

Hi Kellyn,

I've had 11gR1 in production for over a year now, and it's been quite stable.

11gR2 is still pretty new, but, we're testing some new XML DB functionality on it. So far, it seems to be stable. This is simply a proof-of-concept at this point, and very low traffic, so, no production like loads on it, but, so far so good. One issue, Netbackup, which my backup admin tells me is the latest version, can't backup 11gR2 using RMAN. Backup to tape w/o Netbackup MML in place works fine, but as soon as you try to do a backup w/ Netbackup MML, it crashes w/ ORA-7445. So, I currently can't effectively back it up. I'm hoping the next release of Netbackup will resolve that issue.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kellyn Pedersen Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:42 PM To: oracle Freelists
Subject: 11g R2 Feedback?

My manager is asking about positive and negative feedback on 11g now that R2 has been announced. I have not heard anything specific outside of a few patch issues. Anyone have feedback for me on 11g? I've just about had it with all the bug patching and work arounds for our huge compressed/partitioned/parallel everything 10g environments... :) Thanks!
Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 21 2009 - 17:58:28 CDT

Original text of this message