RE: RAC on Linux moving OCR and Voting disk to another SAN

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:31:49 -0400

We are on 10.2.0.4 on Red Hat EL 4 x64, so this might work.

From: K Gopalakrishnan [mailto:kaygopal_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:30 AM To: TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
Cc: Crisler, Jon; oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: RAC on Linux moving OCR and Voting disk to another SAN

Beware, You can not move voting disk online till 10204(due to a bug!) and this requires cluster downtime (and also a -force option). However, OCR can be migrated online as you mentioned.

-Gopal

Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

Oracle Wait Interface: A Practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM, <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com> wrote:

Thinking out loud, add/remove voting disk by using:

 crsctl add css votedisk <path> - adds a new voting disk  crsctl delete css votedisk <path> - removes a voting disk

for CRS:

use ocrconfig to add the new ocr disks and remove the old ones?

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage? Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

"Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>

<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

10/21/2009 11:11 AM

RAC on Linux moving OCR and Voting disk to another SAN

Sent by:

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

We are implementing a more powerful SAN array, and need to move a 10g RAC cluster to this new storage. We know how to move the ASM storage without any downtime. However, we cannot figure out if it is possible to move the OCR and Voting disk with no downtime. Does anybody have any suggestions ?

<http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>