RE: LOCAL_LISTENER

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:55:57 -0400

Thank you for your answers.

I do not run RAC. None of my databases use the default port 1521. None of my databases have LOCAL_LISTENER set.

Gleaning through the responses seems to support either not setting it at all, or using the spfile if you do.

Other than RAC responses, I did not receive reasons to set.. I ran across this when I created an 11g database with the dbca (the runInstaller) and the database would not start... (not right away but after I changed a few things).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546