Table Revoke Frustration!!

From: SHEEHAN, JEREMY <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:49:04 -0400

Hey all,

I'm working on a little something where I need to revoke all access given to users that are no longer with the company. Roles are no problem. I keep on having issues with tables, though.

We use Discoverer and privs are granted directly to the users on EUL tables. I keep on getting the "ORA-01927: cannot REVOKE privileges you did not grant" error. I expected this. However, why is it that I can revoke these privs through OEM Grid Control and not via a simple procedure run in SQL Plus (conneted as the same user)? Any ideas?

RDBMS - 9.2.0.8
OS - AIX 5.3.9 Thanks in Advance!

Jeremy
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.