RE: RAC on Linux moving OCR and Voting disk to another SAN

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:21:12 +0200

But during the period that you run on the mirrors, you are vulnerable for split brain situations. I would rather use the methods described in 428681.1 and just make sure that you have a backup of the votingdisks (using dd) and the ocr volumes (ocrconfig -export) on local disk. In case of a problem you can quickly restore them to the old luns (which you can remain attached to the servers).

For migration of the asm disks, you can just add the new luns to the asm disk groups and then remove the old ones.

I have used this scenario already with several customers when they migrated to a new san.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator