Re: RAC on Linux moving OCR and Voting disk to another SAN

From: harel safra <harel.safra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:36:06 +0200

The OCR can be moved online.
In 10g moving the voting disk is an offline operation but in 11g it can be done online.

Details in note 42868.1

Harel

ב-21/10/2009, בשעה 17:11, "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> כתב/ה:

We are implementing a more powerful SAN array, and need to move a 10g RAC cluster to this new storage. We know how to move the ASM storage without any downtime. However, we cannot figure out if it is possible to move the OCR and Voting disk with no downtime. Does anybody have any suggestions ?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 21 2009 - 10:36:06 CDT

Original text of this message