Re: RMAN license

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:55:02 +0200

Yes, I found the post...sorry!!

Just for the record, if I RTFM, I'd have found:

"Infrastructure Repository Databases A separate Oracle Database can be installed and used as a Recovery Manager (RMAN) repository without additional license requirements, provided that all the Oracle databases managed in this repository are correctly licensed. This repository database may also be used for the Oracle Enterprise Grid Control repository. It may not be used or deployed for other uses.

A separate Oracle Database can be installed and used as a Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM Grid Control) repository without additional license requirements, provided that all the targets (databases, applications, and so forth) managed in this repository are correctly licensed. This database may also be used for the RMAN repository. It may not be used or deployed for other uses."

Many thanks,

Alessandro