Re: Not to use SCAN in 11gR2 RAC

From: <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:16:37 +0000

Instead of thinking of scan as a traditional vip in the oracle grid world, think of it as a vip in the F5 sense or the on-demand router in the websphere sense. From my understanding it actually forwards requests instead of in the rac sense where each machine has a vip and the listener for each machine listens to that vip. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry