RE: My Support

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:56:32 -0700

So, does anyone know how to access the HTML (non-flash) version of My Oracle Support? Is it really just the same as the "Classic Metalink", or is it something new that's not available yet? On the main login page (metalink.oracle.com) it currently shows two options: "My Oracle Support (requires Flash)" and "Classic Metalink". I tried logging into MOS and going into settings but didn't see any options for switching to HTML only. I also tried uninstalling Flash and then going to the page, and then the MOS link is just grayed out leaving Classic Metalink as the only option, which works fine for now, but I'm just curious how we'll access the HTML only version after the upgrade on 11/8 - hopefully it will be obvious at that time, but I'd like to test it ahead of time if possible.

Also, just to confirm what an earlier poster said regarding IE8 not being supported - Metalink 841055.1 states that only IE 5.5, 6.x and 7.x are supported. That note also says that Firefox 2.x and 3.x are supported - so if you're running IE8, then you might want to also download and install Firefox 3.5 and use it if you want to access the Flash version of My Oracle Support.

Regards,
Brandon