RE: 10g RAC mixing Red Hat kernel types- can it be done ?

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 04:13:08 +0200

Relinking is not necessary when just changing the kernel version (oracle does not link to a kernel, only with the os libraries). See metalink note 444595.1 and 461138.1.

If you are using asm with the asmlib you will have to modify it, as it is kernel version depended. Same for the hangcheck timer module.

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82

From: [] On Behalf Of Matthew Zito [] Sent: 12 October 2009 22:39
To:; Oracle Discussion List Subject: RE: 10g RAC mixing Red Hat kernel types- can it be done ?

I am certain it is best practice to relink, but I do not think it will make a difference. This should work just fine.

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist
GridApp Systems
P: 646-452-4090