Re: Tablespace with more than one file

From: gidhin joy <gidhin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:35:22 +0530

You are right only if the file #1 is fully used. Check whether file #1 is auto extendable to a size more than 2G, if so make auto extendable off and resize it to maxsize of 2G so that further writes will go to file #2.

alter database datafile '/datavol/oradata/sid/file1.DBF' autoextend off; alter database datafile '/datavol/oradata/sid/file1.DBF' resize 2G;

Best Regards
~Gidhin