Tivoli and Rman issue

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:49:19 +1100

Hi All,

We are using RMAN and Tivoli to backup our databases and are having an issue during which channels fail and the backup has to continue on less channels

error from the RMAN log

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on c1 channel at 10/11/2009 00:11:45

ORA-19502: write error on file
"daily_PDMP_BACKUP_AL_online_20091010_231001_103241_1_1", blockno 5121 (blocksize=512)

ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

ANS1309I (RC9) The requested data is offline.

channel c1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel Our storage guys have come up with the solution to run tdposync but this does not sound right to me, as I would expect a mismatch between the repository of RMAN and the TSM during a backup. There is the issue described on IBM website for controlfile autobackup which generates the same message but this is during backup of archive logs and or datafiles (randomly).

Also I have no experience on running tdposync and have no idea about what it could possibly stuff up.

Any insights?

--
Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation