RE: major blunders

From: Fmhabash <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:16:51 -0400

If I may add ...
- Color code your ssh session. I use red FG for all production.
  • I altered behavior of 'rm' cmd forcing it to be interactive needing user confirmation. Scripts coded to use non-interactive version.
  • Use copy/paste as much as you can when composing cmds. Sometimes, I can't tell if I typed the correct path or not. But, no worry since I do remember pasting it.
  • always use absolute paths specially destructive ones. Do not rely on default or current directory.
  • always log your ssh sessions. Make it default behavior of your ssh client--