RE: RAT fully backported to 10g and 9iR2...

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 06:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

Joel,

SPM is part of EE. It is not extra cost.

The licensing guide which is included in the documentation here explains that:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/editions.htm#CJACGHEB

If you want to better understand SPM, try the chapter called "Using SQL Plan Management" in the Perfomance Tuning Guide here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28274/optplanmgmt.htm

RAT (which includes SPA) is an option. The above licensing link also explains that.

If you want cost, check out the Oracle Store, it explains the list cost for each option, edition, product, etc:

http://oraclestore.oracle.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=103670&sitex=10021:22372:US

SPA and SPM have complimentary roles. SPA can be used to create a plan baseline for a query that was shown to regress in SPA testing.

SPM and STA/Profiles are also integrated as described in the above "Using SQL Plan Management" document.

Job