Is there an option for insert statements/DML to be captured similar to DDLs generated with import imp show=y

From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:05:54 -0400

Hi Gurus,
I would like to know if there is any option or a package like DBMS_ that would give the insert sql statements or dml statements required for an import with an export dump. I have an export dump exp.dmp and imp show=y generates DDL statements and also imp indexfile=filename generates DDL statements from the export dump. Is there a similar option for DML/insert statements? My requirement is to only write DML statements to a file and later execute it with sqlplus. This is not a real time scenario but for my knowledge. Thanks in advance.