Weird read-only error Solaris 10, 10.2.0.2

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:32:25 -0500

We have a daily clone that we open in read-only mode. User reports the following error:

select * from t_sap_cd

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-16000: database open for read-only access

When fully qualifying the table name, ie sales.t_sap_cd, the query works. I've checked the synonyms and they look to be OK. The only clue here is that there was DDL executed against the primary last night before the clone was created. Other tables in the same schema can be queried without fully qualifying without issue. Anyone see this behavior before?

Thanks- Chris