Re: datapump export to pipe

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 07:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Thomas....

The issue with compress is that it requires you buy a separate license.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it! Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Other various titles

  • Original Message ---- From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <> To: Oracle-L <> Sent: Wed, October 7, 2009 8:17:48 AM Subject: RE: datapump export to pipe

Sorry to weigh in late on this - but did anyone look at expdp with the compression option?