Re: sqlplus

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:36:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Joan,

> I have a shell script report the following output for my daily check
> routine. I found the SQL> SQL> SQL> is very annoying, is it possible to
> get rid off the "lines from coonected to:" to 2 3 4...13" ?

I've needed to include these settings in the shell I'm working on in order to make sure that the login.sql/glogin.sql settings do not interfere with the output format (10.1 on AIX):

set heading off trimout on tab off echo off termout on colsep "" verify off feedback off newpage 0 linesize 80 pagesize 100 showmode off

There may be more! These are only the ones that affected my output. I also needed to use "cut" to trim the output, like this:

my_status=`sqlplus -s / _at_$ADMIN/my.sql|cut -f 10 -d " "`

And, as others have mentioned, use "-s" with "sqlplus" to silence the extra verbage, too.

It seems like all of this is more excessive than I've used in the past, but it works consistently for me.

HTH! GL!
Rich