Re: datapump export to pipe

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:24:32 -0700

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Powell, Mark D <> wrote:

> >> Oracle STILL PROVIDES regular export. <<
> Not with 11g. Only imp is provided to allow loading old exp dmp files into
> the database. The exp utility is now history though I am sure a lot of
> sites running 10g and lower will still be using exp for a few more years.

Version and platform?

I just checked on linux, and exp is still available. exp help=y

Export: Release - Production on Tue Oct 6 09:19:48 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

I have not yet installed 11gR2 to check it.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: Home Page: