RE: Disallow access to column of a table

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:46:35 -0400

How about a view?

Create table data(a number, common_data varchar2(10), secret_data varchar2(10));

Create view no_secret_Data as select a,common_Data from data;

Grant select on view to less privileged users.

From: [] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 3:35 PM
To: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l
Subject: Disallow access to column of a table

We have a requirement to disallow access to a few columns of a table. Any suggestions on how to do this? I was thinking of Virtual Private Database but that would exclude the entire row.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113