Copying longs in Perl

From: Jason Heinrich <>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:18:28 -0500

I have a perl script that manages audit data, and one of the things it does is create a copy of the sys.aud$ table in a separate tablespace for archiving purposes. I'm attempting to add the sys.fga_log$ table to this script so I can manage the fine-grained audit data as well, but it contains a long column so I can't just do a "create table as select" or I'll get an ORA-00997. The standard answer to this problem is to use the copy command in sqlplus, but I'd prefer to keep the code in perl. Is this possible?

Jason Heinrich