RE: Clusterware tests

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:24:47 +0200

Alessandro,

Following url outlines the conditions under which you can use oracle clusterware without having to buy rac licences: http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/license.102/b14199/editions.htm#sthref27 Note that you only need to meet one of these conditions.

ASM is only required when clustering an oracle db in an active/active configuration (rac) with oracle standard edition.

Also, if the second node in your cluster is normally not running an oracle db, then you only need to license oracle on one node. The same rules apply as with other active/passive clusters involving an oracle db.

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Alessandro Vercelli [alever_at_libero.it] Sent: 03 October 2009 11:19
To: jkstill
Cc: troach; andrew.kerber; mzito; Oracle-L Subject: Re: Clusterware tests

Since we purchased a Standard Edition to place onto 2 x 4-core CPU (2 sockets, then) and our DBs are single-instance, I believe Clusterware is usable without overprice and without ASM; am I wrong?

Alessandro

  • Initial Header -----------
From      : "Jared Still" jkstill_at_gmail.com
To          : troach_at_gmail.com
Cc          : alever_at_libero.it,"andrew.kerber" andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com,"mzito" mzito_at_gridapp.com,"melkin4u" melkin4u_at_gmail.com,"Oracle-L" Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Date      : Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:51:40 -0700
Subject : Re: Clusterware tests

--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l--