Re: Clusterware tests

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 21:15:43 +0100

I don't believe the OP is building a RAC database from the description, could be wrong. It sounds like Oracle Clusterware (free) being used to make Oracle database (single instance) fault tolerant. ASM is a requirement for SE RAC. In principle I'd imagine some other shared storage solution (nfs) might be usable for the setup the OP describes. The white paper of course uses ASM.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com> wrote:

> Am I mistaken, or isn't ASM a requirement for standard edition?
>
> Matt

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info