RAC on Windows 2003: Change the file owner

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I'm confronted with a 2-node RAC on Win2003 Server, where the binaries were installed by a named user.
This Windows account should be changed to a "service user", because named users tend to be removed or changed on the domain controller every once in a while.

Does anyone have some pointers for me how to do this hassle-free? I already searched OTN forums and Metalink, but simply drowned in irrelevant results...

What I suppose that should be done:
- Give all system grants from the former owner of the binaries to the new
service user.
- Grant full access on everything in all ORACLE_HOMEs to the new service
- Test: Log on as the new service user, start/stop DB and/or Listener, ...

  • But why does this sound way too easy to me? ;-)

Have a nice weekend,

http://oraculix.blogspot.com/ (German)