Confused by DBA_ADVISOR views

From: Jiang, Lu <Lu.Jiang_at_umassmed.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:52:57 -0400

Hi all,

I am confused with the following query results from Advisor views.

The first one returns the object_id with chained rows and need re-org. But these object_ids point to sys objects in the second query.

With the value of task_id from the first query, the third query indicates that the recommendation for this finding is to Enable row movement and shrink the application table???

I checked that there is no chained rows for this app table, the statistics is fresh.

Could anyone advise me on this?

Thanks,

Lu

SQL> select task_id, object_id, message, more_info

from dba_advisor_findings

where task_id in

(select task_id from dba_advisor_log

where execution_start > sysdate -1)

and type = 'PROBLEM' and message = 'The object has chained rows that can be removed by re-org.';

   TASK_ID  OBJECT_ID MESSAGE                                  MORE_INFO

---------- ---------- ----------------------------------------
------------------------------

     15246          4 The object has chained rows that can be  49
percent chained rows can be
                      removed by re-org.                        removed
by re-org.

     15246 5 The object has chained rows that can be 11 percent chained rows can be

                      removed by re-org.                        removed
by re-org.

     15246 7 The object has chained rows that can be 47 percent chained rows can be

                      removed by re-org.                        removed
by re-org.

     15246 17 The object has chained rows that can be 48 percent chained rows can be

                      removed by re-org.                        removed
by re-org.

SQL> select owner,object_name from dba_objects where object_id in
(4,5,7,17);

OWNER                          OBJECT_NAME

SYS                            TAB$

SYS                            CLU$

SYS                            I_TS#

SYS                            FILE$

SQL> select task_id, benefit_type from dba_advisor_recommendations where task_id=15246;

   TASK_ID BENEFIT_TYPE

     15246 Enable row movement of the table APPLSYS.WF_ITEM_ACTIVITY_STATUSES and perform s

           hrink, estimated savings is 16591171 bytes.

     15246 Perform shrink, estimated savings is 13062268 bytes.