Re: restore only one tablespace from a cold backup to another database?

From: Prem <premj_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2009 16:20:52 -0000

Hi Josh ,

a pretty late reply for ur post ... here is my thought .

  1. copy system,undo,your_tablespace from cold backup to new destination
  2. make "create controlfile " script with new DB name and only the tablespaces you need (with proper path) - Any backup of ur controlfile to trace will make this job easier . do not forget " SET DATABASE " and " RESETLOGS" option.
  3. copy ur archive log files too
  4. now create controlfile in "startup nomount" mode
  5. recover database using backup controlfile until cancel
  6. open resetlogs
  7. hope this works and I remember (hardly though) doing this long time back

Hope this works..

~ prem ~