Can't use JDBC URL for multiple OID's in ColdFusion

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:37:52 -0700 (PDT)

[For those that know both ColdFusion and Oracle] We use two Oracle OID (LDAP) servers to resolve database connection strings. The two servers replicate to each other. This is how I specify one LDAP JDBC URL for ColdFusion. On the CF admin page, Server Settings, Java and JVM, ColdFusion Class Path is set to C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar. Under Data & Services, Data Sources, create a new source. Set JDBC URL to

jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_ldap://mdaoid1.mycompany.com:389/mdad2,cn=OracleContext,dc=myc ompany,dc=com

where mdaoid1 is one of the two OID servers, and mdad2 is an entry in the OID's. That works!

According to many sources based on Google search for "space separated LDAP URLs", I should be able to add another LDAP server separated by space. Now I append
" ldap://mdaoid2.mycompany.com:389/mdad2,cn=OracleContext,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
(no quotes, which I add to indicate leading space) to that string. Upon
clicking Submit, I get

Connection verification failed for data source: orcl10g3 java.sql.SQLException: For input string: "389 ldap:" The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: For input string: "389 ldap:"

(orcl10g3 is the CF data source name I'm creating) Some say I need to
replace space with %20 in the double LDAP URL. With %20, I get error

Connection verification failed for data source: orcl10g3 java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: JNDI Package failurejavax.naming.InvalidNameException: Invalid name: mdad2,cn=OracleContext,dc=mycompany,dc=com ldap://mdaoid2.mycompany.com:389 The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: JNDI Package failurejavax.naming.InvalidNameException: Invalid name: mdad2,cn=OracleContext,dc=mycompany,dc=com ldap://mdaoid2.mycompany.com:389

Question: How do I add more than one LDAP server to the JDBC URL for ColdFusion so I can achieve failover and load balance in connection name resolution?

Yong Huang
ColdFusion 8,0,1,195765 Enterprise (Trial)