RE: way to grant schema privilege

From: <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:33:19 +0800

What exactly is incorrect, Richard?
I stated very clearly that proxy users relate to authentication, not role granting. You provide an example to show how to setup authentication by proxy and you call what I said incorrect?
Care to re-read what I said?
Please recall that the OP wanted to know how to grant ONLY select,update,delete to all objects. Not insert. Giving him a proxy user to schema owner is rather NOT what he asked for, I'd dare say?

On Tue Sep 29 23:54 , "Goulet, Richard" sent:

>Sorry, Nuno, but that is incorrect. Please see
>http://www.it-eye.nl/weblog/2005/09/12/oracle-proxy-users-by-example/
>

>Dick Goulet
>Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
>PAREXEL International