Any good papers on raid 10 setup for oracle?

From: Michael Schmitt <>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:27:19 -0500

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to some good info on best practices for raid 10 for oracle (mainly stripes sizing)?

We are going to be testing some raid 10 and our SAN Admin set the stripe size to 512 bytes. From what I have read in the past, I was thinking Oracle would do better off closer to a stripe size of <db_block_size>*multibock_read_count, however it has been awhile since I looked into it. I know it always depends, but the 512 bytes doesn't sound correct to me