Any good papers on raid 10 setup for oracle?

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:27:19 -0500

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to some good info on best practices for raid 10 for oracle (mainly stripes sizing)?

Background:
We are going to be testing some raid 10 and our SAN Admin set the stripe size to 512 bytes. From what I have read in the past, I was thinking Oracle would do better off closer to a stripe size of <db_block_size>*multibock_read_count, however it has been awhile since I looked into it. I know it always depends, but the 512 bytes doesn't sound correct to me

Thanks