Re: Account DB CPU vs OS CPU

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:49:02 +0800

Oracle server processes ask how much CPU they have used (using times() syscall) from OS. Times reports all CPU usage of the process, both user and kernel mode. So no time should be lost there. Of course there may be bugs where some process doesn't ask OS for its CPU usage on time or doesn't add this to system wide stats views.

But if Oracle says A but OS says B about CPU usage - it's always the OS to trust!

Tanel.

--
Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com