RE: Date bind variable being peeked, but not used for cardinality estimate

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:50:19 -0700

Hi Christian,

It was news to me that the variables in v$sql_bind_capture aren't necessarily the ones used for peeking - I had misunderstood that until now that you and a few others have enlightened me.

Thanks for the pointer to the Metalink note - I have read that, but I'm not sure yet if that's my problem or not. This is an Oracle Forms app running on Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.3, so it is a Java application on the client side but I was under the impression that the Forms server process (frmweb) running on the app server connected to the database through a regular OCI/Oracle Net connection (not sure how to confirm that though). Also, the note says that JDBC drivers 10g+ do not have this problem and I'd think that if Oracle forms is actually using jdbc, it would at least be 10g+ since it's 10g app server running on a 10g database.

I've got an SR open for this now so I'll reply back to the list when we figure it out.

Thanks!
Brandon