Re: How can I identify the database

From: Gints Plivna <>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:57:42 +0300

Either from v$version, which seems to be accessible by public. Or using Sqlplus
When connected to enterprise edition it explicitly says so: Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

When connected to standard edition it doesn't say anything: Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Release - Production

When connected to express edition it also explicitly says so, but unfortunately I haven't any instance handy. But you will notice that ;)

Gints Plivna