Lets do the time warp again

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:38:03 +0100

cast your mind back if you will to 9.2.0.7 (after 9.2.0.4 anyway) and Linux with 2.4 kernel series (RH3 in this case). I know that Oracle supports ASYNC io and Direct IO on this platform for this version. (and what patches and incantations were required to make async io work). This article http://www.labs.redhat.com/magazine/013nov05/features/oracle/ seems however to suggest that it was only in 10g that we were able to use both together. I'm not sure I believe it, despite the source, but does anyone know/recall any restrictions on using both async and direct io together on that sort of platform at that time.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--