Re: Oracle Taining Hardware for 5+ people

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:06:40 -0700 (PDT)

That is the beauty of this particular configuration... the hardware is, essentially, virtual (using your existing hardware). It reduces the overall cost of the training system. Look at the create shared disks setup and you will see what I mean.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-) http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> To: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:32:18 PM Subject: Re: Oracle Taining Hardware for 5+ people

Thanks Robert for the Link as it will surely help in understandbing the concept with Vmware. It is not showing hardware specification and even I goodle few links which shows one environment setup and so want to get the help so that 5 User can work at the same time. If there is any particular Hardware Vendoe is choosed and has no. and types of NIC/HBA/Switch along with Shared Storage name/Vendor, then it will surely help. I work with RAC but all of those are setup by SA's and never get the chance to look the hardware in details.

Sanjay