RE: what is the data dictionary?

From: <>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:23:20 -0400

My brother purchased a clone of an Apple. It was called an Orange. I always thought that was pretty clever. (early eighties) :-)

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

[] On Behalf Of Bill Ferguson Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:57 AM To:
Cc:; Martin Berger; ORACLE-L;
Subject: Re: what is the data dictionary?

You young whipper-snappers!

By cracky, I remember having to start on an old Osborne 1 'sewing machine' computer. Z-80 (8 bit) processor, 16kb of RAM, 62 column screen (had to scroll the screen to read a whole line), and 72KB single-sided floppies.

I was in heaven when some bright, enterprising soul discovered that we could simply flip the floppies over cut a new read-write notch on the other side and cut my floppy consumption in half!

  • Bill Ferguson

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM, <> wrote:

I had 2 of those, never ran oracle on them though, ran dos and coherent(old flavor of unix that would run on a 80286). Had the math co-processor, 80287, made spreadsheet run quicker :)