Re: Bigfile tablespaces on OS filesystems?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 02:00:21 +0800

Read write performance would be horrible if you don't use a concurrent IO-capable and -enabled filesystem.

I guess you're on JFS2 then? JFS2 is rebrandede VxFS, which doesn't have concurrent IO unless you use QuickIO (which you want to avoid) or Oracle ODM library, which should be ok.

--
Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com