Re: "Headroom" in datafiles?

From: Yechiel Adar <>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:46:08 +0300

We keep all our TABLE SPACES at about 20% free and add datafiles as needed. There are exceptions but this is the rule of thumb. We do not care about how much a DATA FILE is full. We also have monitoring on the file systems and ASM groups. On the average we increase/add one datafile about once a week..

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel